First, of course, is 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Brad Keselowski. Keselowski outlasted and outperformed 11 of the best drivers in the world over the 10-race stretch known as the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. In doing so, the 28-year-old captured the first NASCAR premier series championship for owner Roger Penske – and set the sport on high alert that a youth movement is upon it.
Winner No. 2? The fans.
For those passionate NASCAR fans who flock to Las Vegas, a full menu of activities awaits. For those who couldn’t make the trip, there’s good news. Much of it will be either broadcast on television and radio or streamed live on NASCAR.COM.
Here’s the lineup, which kicks off in earnest tomorrow and culminates with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards at the Wynn Las Vegas on Friday at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET live on SPEED, Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio…
Tuesday – Wednesday, Nov. 27-28
- · NASCAR 2012 Motorsports Marketing Forum:The 13th annual NASCAR Motorsports Marketing
Forum, presented bySportsBusiness Journal/Daily, is the motorsports industry’s most comprehensive business forum. Held at Aria Resort & Casino, the Forum will feature an array of insight and perspective from sports and marketing executives both within and outside the motorsports industry. Keselowski will be in attendance for the champion’s “fireside chat.” For more information, visitwww.motorsportsmarketingforum.com.
- · NASCAR Live: Motor Racing Network’s third annual champion’s edition of “NASCAR Live” with Eli Gold will be held at Wynn Las Vegas Race and Sports Book Tuesday, Nov. 27, starting at 4 p.m. PT. Gold will spend the hour with the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion, taking calls and answering questions from the live audience.
Wednesday, Nov. 28
- · Fanfest Presented by Las Vegas Motor Speedway: The fourth annual Fanfest event will be held on Fremont Street, and begin at 2 p.m. PT, with the arrival of the top 12 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers. The event will consist of a red carpet walk by the 12 drivers followed by a special “game show format” on-stage event featuring the drivers and hosted by nationally known comedian Carrot Top. Race fans will have the chance to win two tickets to the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards to be held two nights later at Wynn Las Vegas. Highlights from the event can be viewed on NASCAR.COMWednesday evening.
- · Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Reception: This year’s finalists for the Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award will be honored at a reception at Wynn Las Vegas from 6-7 p.m. PT Following, The NASCAR Foundation will announce the Award winner during this year’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards on Friday, Nov. 30. Fans can cast their vote to determine the 2012 Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award winner by visiting NASCAR.COM/award before 11:59 p.m. ET November 29.
Thursday, Nov. 29
- · Chevrolet SS Race Car Unveiled at Wynn Las Vegas: A press conference will be held, at 9:30 a.m. PT, at the Encore Theatre at Wynn Las Vegas, to unveil the 2013 Chevrolet SS NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race car. Media attendance is encouraged; however, this event is not open to the public. The event will be streamed live on NASCAR.COM.
- · NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon:The annual awards luncheon and industry gathering will be held from 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m. PT, in the Encore Ballroom at Encore Las Vegas, where several team awards will be presented. Among those awards included are the Champion Sponsor, Champion Crew Chief, Sunoco Rookie of the Year and NMPA Most Popular Driver awards. The event will be streamed live on NASCAR.COM.
- · NASCAR Victory Lap:The green flag on fan-favorite NASCAR Victory Lap will wave at 3:30 p.m. PT, with pre-lap festivities to begin at 3 p.m. PT, when the top 12 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers will parade down Las Vegas Blvd. in their race cars with engines roaring. NASCAR Victory Lap will start and finish on Las Vegas Blvd., in front of Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, and will once again provide fans with a unique experience to feel the excitement of a NASCAR start line, feature an authentic pit stop (performed by members of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Pit Crew Development Program presented by Sprint) and two burn-out sections for drivers — with viewing areas along the route. The event will be broadcast live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel 90 and streamed live on NASCAR.COM.
- · NASCAR After The Lap Sponsored by Ford and Coca-Cola: One of the premier events of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week, NASCAR After the Lap Sponsored by Ford and Coca-Cola will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. PT, at PH LIVE located in the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. Fans can purchase tickets at www.NASCARafterthelap.com for $20 each (all proceeds benefit The NASCAR Foundation) to attend the unpredictable, unforgettable driver tell-all event featuring the top 12 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers. The event will be broadcast live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel 90 and live streamed on NASCAR.COM.
- · The Stewie Awards: Following NASCAR After The Lap, 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Tony Stewart and Matt Yocum will host the sixth annual “Stewie Awards,” a lighthearted year-in-review, which airs live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel 90.
Friday, Nov. 30
- · 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards: The postseason, black tie event will begin at 5 p.m. PT at Wynn Las Vegas, where the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion driver and owner will be crowned and the top 10 drivers in the final standings will be honored. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards, the culmination of Champion’s Week, will feature red carpet arrivals, celebrity guests, music and entertainment. Hosted by “America’s Got Talent” judge Howie Mandel, the show will feature performances by Train, Lifehouse, Natasha Bedingfield, Phillip Phillips and entertainers from The Beatles LOVE. SPEED, Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will provide live coverage of the event. Prior to the awards, NASCAR.COM will live stream a Miss Sprint Cup chat with Brad Keselowski.
Via NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications